Monday, December 03, 2007

Digital Photography

I forgot to add Digital Photography to my Researcher for Hire post. I go to cemeteries in the Knoxville and surrounding areas. I currently have pictures from cemeteries in Knox, Blount, Sevier, Monroe and Roane County, Tennessee; Marion and Dillion County, South Carolina; Montgomery County, Virginia. I can also take pictures of buildings (i.e. Churches).

I had someone ask me to accompany them to a cemetery in Anderson County so that I could take pictures for them. We walked around the cemetery finding all the different relatives and came across a headstone that was large and held a lot of information. The only problem was we could barely read it! The sun was behind the stone and the front had some wear. We sat for a while to write out all the information before heading on to find more relatives. A little while later we came back by that stone and what we saw was amazing. Oh the difference of the position of the sun! This is the picture I took after the sun rose directly overhead.


I have also taken many pictures of Churches, entrances to cemeteries, homes, and historic markers to name a few. This is a picture of St. John's Lutheran Church in Knoxville. It is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built in 1913. This is across the street from Old Gray Cemetery. I remember the pastor at my great-uncle's funeral waiting for the church bell to chime thirty minutes after the hour before starting the service.

No comments: