Thursday, November 22, 2007

Bruce Bill Williams

I have had trouble gathering information about this man. I know that he is the second husband of my great-grandmother, Mary Price (her first husband was Benjamin F. Orr). I do not know when Mary and Bruce were married, but I know it was in the 1940's. I am also unsure about his name. My father said it was Bill, but on his death record it is Bruce. This picture of him is the only one I have ever seen of him.

Bruce "Bill" Williams was born in South Carolina on August 5, 1886. He was working in Oak Ridge, Tennessee in the 1940's when he was married to Mary. On the death certificate he is listed as a Store Keeper for the Atomic Energy Commission. Not sure what that means exactly. He died on August 10, 1953 of a brain hemorrhage. He was buried in Old Gray Cemetery in the family plot of his father-in-law, Thomas Rees Price.

No comments: