Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Loss Of A Cousin

Two days ago I received an e-mail from a distant relative about the death of my cousin (she was my 2nd cousin twice removed and my 3rd cousin twice removed). I was saddened to learn that the cousin that I met for the first time last summer was no longer with us. She was a sweet lady who seemed to gladly welcome me into her family and her life. I enjoyed the visits I had with her where I learned more about our mutual family. She was able to share information and pictures with me that I thought I would never know about. I feel that I am blessed in the time I spent with her and in her friendship, though it was short. I was sad also because, due to our move and our new addition to the family, I had not seen her since earlier this year. I know that she was excited about the baby and I was hoping to see her soon so she could meet our baby. Instead I place these roses in tribute to my cousin Elizabeth.

No comments: