Monday, June 16, 2008

Price-Galbraith family

The Price family joined the Galbraith family with the marriage of Elizabeth Price (daughter of Abraham "Abram" Jones Price and Annie Richards) to Joseph John Galbraith in 1907. I was given this picture of Elizabeth "Bess" by someone, though I cannot remember who (I lost the e-mail and picture through a crashed hard drive, but had saved the picture to my Dad's computer). I found out about them by the fact that they had the other half of a cemetery section that my great-great-grandmother, Ann Richards Price, had purchased. I would love to see more pictures of them and learn more about them in my continued search for my family.

Generation No. 1

1. JOSEPH JOHN1 GALBRAITH was born 06 Mar 1882 in Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee, and died 13 Feb 1967. He married ELIZABETH PRICE 22 Oct 1907 in Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee, daughter of ABRAHAM PRICE and ANNIE RICHARDS. She was born 23 Sep 1881 in Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee, and died 26 Feb 1975. JOSEPH JOHN GALBRAITH and ELIZABETH PRICE are buried in Old Gray Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee.

Children of JOSEPH GALBRAITH and ELIZABETH PRICE are:

i. JOSEPH JOHN2 GALBRAITH, b. 12 May 1914; d. 05 Jan 1973; m. DOROTHY CATES. Burial: Old Gray Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee

ii. ANN ELIZABETH GALBRAITH, b. 23 Aug 1919; d. 19 Apr 1992. Burial: Old Gray Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee

No comments: