Thursday, June 05, 2008

Joseph J. Price

Joseph J. Price was born in January 1879 in Knoxville, Tennessee. His parents are Thomas Rees Price and Ann (Annie) Maria Richards. Both Thomas and Annie were born in Pennsylvania. You can learn more about them in my earlier post (link). Joseph went to the University of Tennessee, I believe. He was listed as a former fraternity member, though I cannot remember which one at the moment. After his father died in 1906, Joseph continued to work in the furniture company (Knoxville Furniture Company). In the 1910 census Joseph (or Joe) was still living with his mother. I am not sure when, but between 1910-1920 Joseph left Knoxville. The story my father told me was that Joe had left to escape running the family business. He headed west and only contacted his family a couple of times later. There also is the possibility that he changed his name.



No comments: