Monday, December 04, 2006

Price Family Comes From Wales

I was so excited earlier this week to see that Ancestry has opened their Immigration Collection to the public for the month of December. I have missed working on my genealogy the past month or so and was elated to do some searching! The first person I wanted to look for is my g-g-great-grandfather, Jonathan Price, who left his home in South Wales to come to live in Pennsylvania. I knew that Jonathan and his wife, Elizabeth, had their first child in 1835 and that she was born in St. Clair, PA. So I entered in a six year time span and what do you know? I found him! Jonathan came to America with his parents, Rees and Ann Price, as well as three of his siblings, David, William, and Hannah. They left from Swansea, Wales and arrived in New York on August 26, 1833 on a ship named Elizabeth Clark. I also looked and found another sister of Jonathan's, Margaret Price Larmey, who along with her husband and three children came from Wales in 1842. It is amazing how much I have learned in the past six years in researching this family.

No comments: